Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana 3.0 to be launched soon in the district- ADC (D)
District Skill Committee for implementation of PMKVY deliberates upon skill sets in demand by Industry
S.A.S. Nagar : The new Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY 3.0) is to be launched soon in the district, informed Rajiv Kumar Gupta, Additional Deputy Commissioner (Development).
Among the many reforms proposed in the new scheme, District level planning and execution has been made the fundamental instrument of implementation process, he informed. District Skill Committee (DSC) and sub-committee have been constituted for the same and deliberations have been held by the members for assessing the skill sets in demand the Industry. To bridge the skill gap between the demand and supply of manpower, we will focus on conducting training demand based training, he added.
“District unit of Punjab Skill Development Mission is tying up with industries to impart on-site training to the candidates and thereafter absorb them in the respective sectors,” informed Rajiv Kumar Gupta and added that “ I am happy to inform that 8 local industries including Winsome Group Pvt. Ltd. (Textile ), Sharp Engineering Pvt. Ltd. (CNC Operator), Usha Yarns Ltd. (Textile) , Vatika Spinning Mills (Textile ), Sambi Industries (CNC Operator, Fitter Fabrication), RB Forging (CNC operator ), CAG Engineering Ltd. (CNC operator ) and Sarovar Enterprises (Data Entry Operator ) have envisaged keen interest in it.”
After District Level Skill Gap and Demand Assessment we will set the training targets and proceed towards Mobilization of the candidates through Awareness and Advocacy. This will be followed by Counselling of Candidates and Formation of training batches. “Post Training Support/Providing Handholding to the candidates after placements and Grievance redressal of candidates associated with Skill Development process is also an important part of the program,” said he.
Due to pandemic outbreak launch of scheme has been delayed but with limited time available for implementation, the District Skill Committee is prepared to carry out its role and responsibility.
Pertinently, the skill sets in demand as concluded by the stakeholders present in the meeting include
• IT Sector – Web Designers/Data entry Operator/ IT Help Desk attendant
• Retail Sales Associates
• Construction – Assistant Electrician/Helper Electrician, Plumbers, Welders etc.
• Capital Goods- CNC operator, Fitter Fabrication, Mechanical Draughtsman
• Automotive- Sales Executive Dealership
• Telecom- Customer care Executive
• Textile & Handloom Industries -Auto frame Tentor & Doffer
• Beauty & Wellness – Asstt. Hair Stylist, Beauty Therapist, Nail Technician
• Apparel – Fashion Designing, Self-Employed Tailor
• Electronics –Field Technicians
• Domestic Workers – Child/Elder care takers
• Plumbing- General Plumber
• Media and Entertainment- Makeup Artist, Director of Photography
Comments are closed.